Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A couple of firsts (yesterday)...

I meant to post this yesterday right after it happened but it was late and I was super tired.  Plus, I had already posted something off the wall about carpet.  I figured I would save this one for today.

We had two firsts in our house yesterday.  One kinda gross and the other a monumental step toward growing up.  Well, I guess the gross one was pretty monumental too...

1.  Piper took her first poop outside of her diaper.  I was so excited because it is a very hard habit to break, pooping in your diaper.  You (a baby) are trained from the moment you are born to do "your business" in a diaper, so doing it elsewhere is BIG!  She didn't do it in the potty.  Actually, she did it on the tile right by the front door, but yay for not being on the carpet (refer to yesterday's post).  I just keep thinking that our lives will be so different when we have all of the kids out of diapers.

2.  Delaney got her first phone call yesterday from her friend Nicole.  I know this is a big moment so I am glad I am capturing it here.  I know I should have done a better job with their baby books, but better late than never.  At least she will have this blog to look at when she wonders who and when her phone career started.  I better brace myself, she will be asking for a cell phone before I know it.

No comments: