Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blogworthy...

At dinner, we have a strict no-potty talk rule in place.  I am a little embarrassed to say that it is usually my hubby, Mark, that breaks that rule.  I believe it was his instigating a very young Delaney that required it be put in place.  I sort of blew it off as "he's just a boy" and moved on.

Occasionally, I have to remind him and Delaney that this rule is still in place - much to their disappointment.  Those of you that know Delaney recognize that I need that rule in place for the both of them, seeing as how they are cut from the same mold and all...

Well, tonight was especially interesting and funny (I admit that grudgingly).  Who knows how the conversation got started, but it ended with Mark saying to Delaney that if she didn't do something he was going to fart on her.  Well, she didn't do it, and he turned his back to her and, yes, farted on her.  HUGE SIGH from me...  He then proceeded to run from her and she, of course, chased him around the house.  Well, then, my lovely and usually well mannered 3 year old couldn't help herself.  She walked over to Delaney and said, "How about this?" and proceeded to also fart on Delaney.  Another chase ensued.  Another BIG SIGH from me, but this time I had to laugh hysterically.  I couldn't believe that my 3 year old possessed the bodily control to produce a fart on-demand.

Those of my friends with boys - you thought it was only you, right????

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hahahaha! Belle pulls a similar act. She turns her back and makes a farting sound. I don't think she has the on-demand thing down yet.