Friday, May 7, 2010

beyond fun...


I started my first quilt tonight. I can't tell you how much fun it is so far. I am making a throw size quilt out of 8" squares. I am starting with something very easy. Anyway, I don't have much time. I had to stop myself at six squares tonight because I told Mark we would catch up on a TV show. I already passed out during it once this week. Duty calls...

I will keep posting my updates to the quilt. I know I have a long way to go. Sherry is telling me to cut my other fabric on a bias - I have NO CLUE what that means. I will have to rely on my new bestie, www.youtube.com for that one. I learn much better when I can see it than read it.

Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

Crystal @ HeartSong Farms said...

I don't cut mine on a bias for other than some of the binding, sometimes. Ask her why she does it that way...I might be revising my quilting techniques!

LOVE, love, love the colors for the quilt. This was a similar pattern for my first and it does whip up pretty quick.

Anna Christine said...

Bias is when you cut on a 45* from the grain. It is how you make Bias tape. It will have more give. The colors are so pretty.

Betsy said...

Thanks for the encouragement. She cuts it that way to have more give in the fabric. I got some inspiration from one of your quilts, Crystal. I showed it to my friend and she said it would be a great one to start with. I can't wait to get the rest of my fabrics and start my second one.