Monday, May 3, 2010

Old Adventures in Knitting


So here I sit finishing an i-cord for a purse that I am making for my friend Sherry. We made a little exchange agreement that, for our birthdays, I would knit her a purse and she would make me a quilt. Well, I should note that I got my quilt very shortly after my birthday at the end of March, and here it is the beginning of May and Sherry has not yet received her birthday gift. You should know that her birthday was January 6th. Nice - yeah - winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I am committed to finishing this cord tonight and then felting it and sending this purse off in the mail tomorrow. I always have an excuse for why it isn't done yet. I really held off making the straps because I thought I might make something else for it. I took the purse to my knitting group and they all changed my mind. So, I am sticking with the i-cord. If I would have done that in the first place, it would have been completed last week; a mere 3 & 3/4 months after her birthday.

No comments: