Friday, May 14, 2010

Yay - My quilt is done!




I finished my first quilt last night, sewing on the binding while I watched Up In the Air. My opinion of the movie is that it was just ok, but I LOVE MY QUILT!
I am calling it my Sea Grass quilt because I think the wavy quilting lines look like sea grass. I was inspired by a quilt Ashley on her website Film on the Fridge. She used this style quilting and I love it.

Since I have never free motion quilted before, I did a few practice runs and decided, with this quilt, there was way too much white to make it my first go at free motion. Since I loved the sea grass look, I decided it would look perfect in the white sections bordering the coin stacks. There were several comments on how long it would take, but it really didn't take me much time at all to quilt it. I have nothing to compare it to though, so that might not be completely accurate. The quilt is 39 x 49 - a good baby quilt size or small throw. I don't know what I am going to do with it yet. I am guessing I should keep my first quilt :)


No comments: