Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doing battle...

So I firmly believe that white carpet and children and pets do not mix.

As many of my "fans" (what, all 4 of you?... and that is including my mom and dad) know, we live in a rented house. We made that decision when we moved out here for a couple of reasons. First, we have never lived in Colorado. We wanted to make sure that Golden was where it was at... it is. Secondly, we still own our home in Florida. It is currently rented but I doubt that we will be able to sell it with the market the way it is.

So, in this beautiful home are (were) beautiful white carpeted floors. Ummmm.... I can't say anything else. I have three little girls and THEY ARE MESSY! They have very little respect for white carpet, but I can't really blame them. They were all used to our 1913 hardwood floors. I also have a great dane puppy. She is a year tomorrow, but a puppy still. Anyone that has had a puppy in the recent past remembers potty training. Well, amplify that by great-dane-size.

Bye bye nice white carpets.



Who puts white carpets in their home and then rents it out and expects them to stay looking great???? Well, that is what I tell myself anyway.


2 comments:

Crystal said...

The only thing worse than white carpet is white tile in a rental. WTH? I don't know why they even sell it. I wouldn't think it would be that popular, then again maybe it's uber-cheap.

I want a dane. I have a border collie/lab mix puppy. She's five months but we have all wood floors so there's that. :)

Betsy said...

Oh, we have the white tile too... that would be worse than the white carpet if there was more of it. I have to vacuum and mop it at least once a day - IT GETS SO DIRTY AND SHOWS EVERYTHING.
Danes are a weird breed. I always wanted one - always. Now that I have one, I am not sure I will get another one. They have A.D.D. They can be smart but they don't want to. The good part is that they are pretty calm puppies (especially if you factor out rambunctious kids) and they grow out of their puppy stage pretty early. She is already starting to calm down a lot. There is a lot of special care with their growth though. I think once you are on the farm - a dane would be great.