Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A perk to living on the mountain side

I was having a particularly bad afternoon/evening today.  I was just tense and anxious about a quilt that I am working on.  I cannot get the tension right or the thread.  I was trying to use the "clear" thread on the top and brown in the bobbin.  Well, that never worked out for me.  Then I tried white on the top and brown for the back - I still couldn't get the thread to meet evenly in the battting.  I am blaming the batting at this point.  I bought extra lofty batting instead of my normal stuff.  I am just not experienced enough yet to make it work.

Anyway, so I had to rip out a bunch of quilting and figure out how to quilt it.  Mark graciously took the kids outside after we got home from dinner.  He had them out there for a long time - at least an hour.  As I yanked and ripped at my bad quilting attempt, I continued to get more upset until my girls walked in with these...

They picked them right outside our front door - well, ok... maybe across the street from our front door, but that would be the mountain side.  They are gorgeous.  We all may have hay fever in the morning, but in the meantime, they are a beautiful addition to the kitchen nook table.  THANKS GIRLS - and Mark for supervising!  That made my night!

2 comments:

Beth said...

That brought a little tear to my eye. But I also just finished watching the season finale of Glee and had tears in my eyes for about 40% of it.

Betsy said...

I hear you - I watched the season finale of Medium today and cried my eyes out. Must be hormonal.