Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My crazy has gone new places...


So if I ever wondered if my cleaning had some OCD tendicies, the wondering is now over.

To begin... we are getting a refrigerator for the garage today. I am so excited because the one inside this house is a P.O.S. It freezes my fruits and veggies all the time, and I currently have a glacier in the bottom of the freezer composed of ice and frozen chicken thighs (bone-in). Back to the point, in order to make room for the new fridge, I had to clean out a place in the garage. Once I started, I couldn't stop.

It all started with rearranging some things and then I was going to do a light sweeping. I need explain to some of my Florida friends the difference between the dirt here in CO and the sand in FL. During the winter, Denver does not salt their roads, they lay down gravel. This mixes with the snow and creates what we fondly call, dirt-cicles. These dirt-cicles cling to the wheel wells and underside of your car. When you pull into your garage, they fall off and melt. When the water drains off, you are left with piles of very fine dust. So what started out as sweeping turned into a battle between me and this dust. I swept and swept. Finally, when I realized it wasn't going to happen, I did it... got out my vacuum.

Now, I have never actually vacuumed my garage before - not literally. I have used the shop vac, yes, but not my trusty Meile. The shop vac is meant for outdoorsy stuff. My best friend, Meile, isn't. She did her best and before I knew it, I was using the extensions to get all the cracks and behind the shelves. I think I went a little overboard - IT'S THE GARAGE! Anyway, I am not saying you could eat off it... well, not until I get out the mop ;)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hee hee. We use a wet/dry shop vac inside the house. I actually have two of them, one upstairs and one down because it never fails that my vaccuuming picks up something wet and sticky.