Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today's the day

We are getting ready to leave for the dr.'s office to find out all the details of my diagnosis of cervical cancer. I already know that I am getting a hysterectomy but that is it. I am so nervous, I could throw up. I wish I knew a better way to handle all of this. I slept last night but had terrible dreams. I am sure if they were analyzed, it would say a lot about how I am feeling.


I can't help but think of the worse case scenario. Everything I have read so far says stay positive. How do people do that when you just don't know??? I am trying, I really am.


I should note that everything was fine... well, as fine as could be considering I had stage 1 cervical cancer.  They were able to do the hysterectomy and the pathology came back that the cancer was only micro-invasive.  It would have been better if it had been completely contained within the cervix but micro-invasive is the next best.  I did not have to do any chemo or radiation.  I just have to have follow ups with my oncologist every 3-4 months.  

No comments: