Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life changes in an instant

I went back and saw that I never published this draft. This was my very first post and the reason I started this blog. Luckily, so far, everything has turned out well and I can capture memories on here for a long time to come...

I am starting this blog for my daughters, so they might know me and themselves through my eyes. When people tell you that your life can change in an instant - boy o' boy, they aren't kidding. Today I got the news that I have cervical cancer. I don't know any more than that, but I feel like that was more than enough information for one day. I have no idea how severe it is or what my treatment will be other than a hysterectomy. All of this happens in less than three months after giving birth to my precious third daughter, Piper Jane.




We go to see the doctor tomorrow morning. I don't even know what to expect. I have done my best to research the type of cancer I have online, but without knowing more information, I haven't been able to get very far. I wish I even knew enough to ask some intelligent questions tomorrow, but I don't. Right now, all of my knowledge about the subject will come from the doctor. Luckily, he is my long time physician and friend. I can only imagine that this is going to be a difficult meeting for him tomorrow as well. My husband, Mark, is going with me.




I feel so exhausted just from processing the news all day long. I wish I could climb in bed and not come out for a very long time. I have not told my parents yet. I don't want to mention anything to them before I know more.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh Betsy, I am so sorry. This is the first time I have heard of your illness. I see that this was 5 hrs ago and I hope that everything is going well with the doctor (or has). Sending you positive vibes and healing prayers.